Thursday, September 13, 2012

Our Invincible Army

        We as a family enjoy taking turns. There is no reason to hog all the visits to the local hospital as a patient.  This is usually a twice a year event. Sunny and I tend to keep this to ourselves  but once in a while we allow Jim or Elliott to take a turn.  Being a good sibling, Sunny is sharing her turn with Elliott. They have a long history of taking turns in the hospital.  We joke that we helped pay for the new wing at Cincinnati Childrens.  All joking aside we paid for at least the flooring.  They could of at least asked for our opinion of carpeting or laminate.
     Here in Bryan we have assisted in funding the new hospital. You know I never thought of it this way but when we move to a new town the hospital gets a makeover. I really think Jim and I should find something else to invest in.
    All kidding aside tomorrow Elliott is going in for a few tests. He is being checked for some stomach issues and  gets to have an upper gi and blood work (ruling out diabetes since it can run in families).  He takes it all in stride. We all have a strength we don't know is within us until it is needed.  
    As a family we have been reading The Bronze Bow, a story about a boy growing up near Galilee when Jesus was beginning his ministry. He is conflicted with the idea of love and forgiveness and fighting for freedom from the Romans. A friend shares a scripture about how God has given King David the strength to bend a bronze bow with his hands.  This morning I felt an urging from God to sit outside and have my coffee with him. Not pray for anything. Just be. I had so much to do but decided everything else could wait. It was well worth it. I opened my bible app and with my eyes closed pressed a scripture to meditate on.  It was a scripture I studied earlier this week. It is quoted by Habakkuk and contains the bronze bow reference also.  It is about the strength God gives us along our path.  God is so AMAZING!! So tomorrow as I sit in the hospital with Elliott, our family will have our own invincible army from God to fight away our fears.

Psalm 18:31-36
For who is God, but the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God?— the God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless. He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights. He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You have given me the shield of your salvation, and your right hand supported me, and your gentleness made me great. You gave me a wide path for my steps and my feet did not slip.

No comments:

Post a Comment