Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Heals All My Diseases


  
How are you? I really don't like to answer this question. I often answer ok because I AM ok. I am ok because I have come to rest in the Psalm above. Yes, I do not feel well most days. My body often decides it will not function no matter how hard I try to make it. Honestly, I should answer I am great. I know God will heal all my diseases.

I just know the healing will come when I return to my Lord. When speaking with someone about Lupus, I always mention my sister. Most are always shocked to hear Lupus can be terminal. My sister Brandi, she was healed of her Lupus. In my weak moments, in all honesty, I am jealous. She no longer has fevers, pain, a body that does not function. And she can dance in the light of our Savior. I miss her. But losing her, when it seems like forever, is only temporary. Through her death I was made stronger. A gift. 

Each day whether my body is too weak to climb the steps into our home or strong enough to make a grocery trip without having to lean on a cart, my soul grows stronger. I am learning to live with a purpose. Learning, God wants to use me. Even if my hands and feet cannot be used for his purpose. He will use my heart, my mind, my soul. I am learning to give God my all in the way he created me to be beneficial in his great plan. 

And I will praise him all my days. 

He fills my life with good things. 

He surrounds me with love and tender mercies.

He will heal all my diseases. 

And until the time comes I will live my life with my whole heart, mind, and soul for his purpose.


No comments:

Post a Comment