Saturday, March 31, 2018

Once More

Our church has a Stations of the Cross 24 hours of prayer. It is a time to reflect, pray, and experience Easter with art. During my time tonight I found myself going between a drawing of Peter’s denial and a carving of the empty tomb. 


I feel I am at a place that needs resurrected. 


I opened my bible to read more about these stations. This is what I first opened to: 




Once more. 


My soul is yet again in a state of unrest. I deny God’s power even though time and time again he has been good to me. I am not the first to deny Jesus. Peter denied Christ three times the night before Jesus was crucified. He witnessed Jesus perform countless miracles. The dude walked on water, with Jesus. He still denied knowing him. He was in a state of unrest.


Even though I have seen God’s power in my life, I too deny him. I am denying his hope. His power to heal, how deep will our scars be? Will he deliver justice, how many families must suffer? We see a glimpse of healing, then it is gone. We sit with the elephant in the room. When will my soul be at rest? When will I stop denying his power?


Was Peter, too,looking for rest after his denial of Christ? In Luke 24 when Peter learns of the empty tomb, he runs. He needs to see. Does he now remember the power of Jesus? Does he now know his Jesus, his Lord, has the power to not only heal but resurrect life. Resurrect hope.


Once more. 


On this Easter I am running to the empty tomb and in the emptiness I am once more reminded of his power. He will resurrect my hope. He will once more bring my soul to rest.

1 comment:

  1. The manual probably says replace every 30,000 miles but a majority of mechanics recommend replacing
    yearly or if you've any problems such as stalling
    or loss in power. This container is stuffed with distilled water
    and placed under the hood where it can be hooked up for the ignition switch.
    Other improvements added on the 2006 Acura RL would be the CMBS (Collision Mitigation Braking System) and ACS
    (Adaptive Cruise Control).

    ReplyDelete