Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Whole30 take 2: Doing Life in the Mess


I was planning on preparing for a new Whole30, but here I am just jumping in today. Honestly, I was going to start talking about my second Whole30 weeks ago and do prep, then like my life tends to do, it imploded. So, here I am telling you why I’m starting today because yesterday I had thrown in the towel. 

Our family has lived in crisis mode for awhile now. Some days are hard and you have to reach out and say I can’t do this alone. Our Easter was a nice dinner then full out war. War of emotions and anger. When I woke up, after very little sleep I sat in front of my bible and just realized I can’t do this alone. I reached out for prayer, I turned to scripture that had been shared with me. 2 Chronicles 20, because honestly at this time in our life there are no handbooks for our situation. And it’s hard. And just like King Jehoshaphat we are crying out, We do not know what to do, so let’s just keep focusing on you God. 

Yesterday, I was ready do nothing. I wanted to put on my comfy clothes, binge watch tv, and escape. I didn’t want to make hard phone calls, emails to case workers, and schools, let alone fold the laundry. Having a child with special needs is a full time job and I wanted to call in. But we don’t, because our kids need us. So, I was like no way am I starting my Whole30. And all day I argued with myself. It’s too hard right now.

But it’s giving in, hiding in the car eating my feelings. Hating myself. I don’t want that. It’s not good for me, it’s not good for my family. I remember how well I felt on my first Whole30  and let me tell you life was not peachy back then either. So, I’m going to get off this couch make me some Whole30 approved breakfast of sweet potato and eggs, and jump into what I can control. Today is going to be hard emotionally, tomorrow is not looking easier. This is a long journey we are on but I have to take care of my body and my emotions. On my last Whole30 I felt I could do this. Hopefully life won’t be as messy and I will blog more this time around or maybe I’ll blog more and just ignore the mess. 

So, here’s to getting off the couch and doing life in the mess! Maybe, I’ll fold the laundry, nah, who am I kidding! 


2 comments:

  1. I always say. "Baby Steps Count", because even the smallest effort moves us forward. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete