Friday, July 26, 2013

There Is No "Easy Button"

I love the Staples Easy Button commercials. I find myself looking for that button often.  Being a wife and mother is difficult on its own but add in Type 1 Diabetes, Autism Spectrum, Lupus or any illness, past hurts, or lost hopes,  you may find yourself looking for that button on a daily basis. 
It comes down to this one simple fact. We live in a world full of sin. Not a single one of us is without. We hurt each other without even realizing with a quick word, a simple act.
Life is not fair. A lesson we teach to our kids every day. It's not fair you are sick, you can't handle the plans changed, somedays mom has to stay in bed. Life isn't fair. I hate to say this but it's true in a fallen world. 
As I was looking again for that Easy Button, I thought of the red service phone you find in the store.   If you need help you just need to reach out and ask for it. I realize I may never get to push the Easy Button but I will get down on my knees and reach to a God who is ready to answer with grace and mercy.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment