Friday, June 21, 2013

One Step Ahead

I feel as if I am going out of my mind. I have now been down for 4 weeks straight, almost 5 with at least 2 more to go. I found I have a slight complication, an abscess in an incision. It's being treated with antibiotics and more rest. I was actually glad to hear it is an abscess, I really didn't want to hear "I told you, you're overdoing it". But I am now resting again as told, I even confided in friends that 2 weeks of being down was not enough and would gladly take any meals offered. You know you have good friends when they scold you, then give you a hand up.

I will say this whole hysterectomy path was a wise choice. After all the troubles I had, I do feel amazing! And when I say amazing, I mean AMAZING! PRAISE GOD! Of coarse unless I overdo it. My doctors are all very happy with me. I listened.  I have also decided after being encouraged by two cancer genetic counselors, to have the BRAC 1 gene test for breast cancer. It really was not hard. I had to spit which really grossed out my 13 year old. Added bonus. My insurance company actually wants to pay for it. I think my family may cost them a little more than the average family and will do anything to lower their cost. And what will it do for our family, give us a little direction and peace of mind, knowing for once we may be one step ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment